Oily Cart is committed to producing quality theatre for audiences who are often neglected in terms of cultural activity: the very young, and young people with complex needs and/or an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). We rely on the generous support of individuals, businesses and trusts to maintain our work. Your support will help us make a positive difference to the lives of these young people and their families
Oily Cart tours each year to special schools and venues across the UK and internationally. Our productions play to over 7000 children and young people each year.
Oily Cart considers this work to be of great importance because it aims to:
- make a positive difference to the lives of young people and their families, who are often excluded from cultural activities because of the barriers they face through disability.
- encourage participation in and enjoyment of cultural activity for the very young and young people with severe learning disabilities, aged 3–19.
- provide shared social experiences where families can participate together.
- respond to significant demand from special school and family audiences where there is a serious gap in cultural provision for these audiences.
- raise the public and cultural profile of these audiences and the importance of cultural provision for them.
- place the young person with a disability as the reason for and the central focus of the work.
You can donate securely online through Pay Pal and we’ll send you confirmation of receipt. Or send a cheque payable to Oily Cart to Smallwood School Annexe, Smallwood Road, London SW17 0TW.