Placements and volunteering
Jerwood Fellowships is a new Imaginate project in partnership with Oily Cart offering professional development support for four Scotland-based artists over two years to explore new performance ideas for children and young people with additional support needs.
Each Fellow is offered:
• A £7000 bursary for your research and development time
• A budget to develop an early stage performance idea
• A 2-week paid placement with Oily Cart
• An attachment with an ASN school in Edinburgh
• A mentor, an experienced artist in the field
• A budget to see performances and access training
• Training with a non-arts specialist in working with children
• A visit to an international festival
• Regular mentoring from Imaginate’s Creative Development Director
• Producing, marketing and fundraising support from Imaginate
• Venue contacts and advice from Independent Arts Projects
• Post-Fellowship support to secure production partners and funding
Jerwood Fellowships are funded by Jerwood Arts, the leading independent funder dedicated to supporting UK artists, curators and producers to develop and thrive. They enable transformative opportunities for individuals across art forms, supporting imaginative awards, bursaries, fellowships, projects, programmes and commissions. They present new work and bring people from across the arts together through our exhibitions and events in London, as well as across the UK.
The Fellowships are part of Imaginate’s ongoing programme for artists supporting the development of new performance ideas for young audiences. If you would like to find out more about the work Imaginate do with artists and schools please contact Fiona Ferguson, Creative Development Director.
Work experience & educational placements
Where possible we offer work experience and educational placement opportunities in our London premises. We offer hands-on experience in the office, as well as the chance to engage with rehearsals, and observe prop and costume construction in our workshops. These opportunities provide a valuable insight into the day-to-day work of a producing company because all aspects of the work take place on our premises. For more information, please get in touch here.
We are not currently recruiting any volunteers. Please sign up to our mailing list or social media channels for future updates.